Sleep plays an important role, both in everyday life and to our health. Unfortunately, many suffer from sleep disorders (difficulty sleeping advent, alarms, etc.). It is known that sleep deficiency is associated with health problems such as diabetes, hypertension and obesity, as well as insufficient performance in all areas of life. Let's see what we can do in the context of alternative therapies to improve sleep.
Aromatherapy can help. I'll give you a few recipes with essential oils.
Oil for gentle kneading and rubbing:
Τo 50 ml of olive oil add:
- 5 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Ylang-ylang
- 4 drops Frankincense
Also very helpful is a hot bath before bedtime. Throw in the bath 3 drops Mandarin and 2 drops Clary Sage.
The bedroom should only be used for two things: sex and sleep. Nothing else. Here are some additional tips for creating the right atmosphere.
- Get rid of all appliances (televisions, computers, tablets, etc.).
- Paint the room with calm colors. Proven, the best is blue, but the earthy colors are equally well. Avoid shades of purple and gray.
- Reduce noise (if necessary with earplugs) and light (if necessary, even with a mask).
- Get comfortable pillows.
Herbs and supplements
Try hot infusions of chamomile, linden, and passion fruit. Add plenty of honey. These should be drunk before bedtime.
You can try melatonin. 1-3 mg a day one hour before bedtime is considered a safe dose (not during pregnancy). However, it is not effective for everyone.
- I guess it is superfluous to mention that good sex life contributes greatly to good sleep ...
- Drip a drop of lavender oil on the pillow. Alternatively, spray the sheets with hydrosol lavender (Lavandula angustifolia).
- Try massage therapy!. 1 relaxing, professional massage 60 minutes 1 time a week could help, especially if insomnia is due to transient stress.
I suggest you try the above for one month. If the problem persists, see a doctor (I am not a doctor, and do not have any responsibility for the application of the above). Medical care is needed for those suffering from sleep apnea, fibromyalgia or severe depression (among others). Certainly, there are conventional medicines for the treatment of insomnia, but first try alternative treatments and some simple changes - it is always a healthier choice.